How to Create an Outcomes System Rubric
The following instructions will demonstrate how to create an Outcomes System Rubric.
Step 1 - Access Outcomes Assessment
Step 3 - Enter the Rubric Name and Description
- Enter the rubric Name.
NOTE: It will be helpful if the name of the rubric relates to the goal that it is being used to assess. In this making this choice, refer to the naming conventions you used for Goals.
- Enter the rubric Description.
This should describe the goal that the rubric is intended to be used to assess.
Step 4 - Complete the Rubric Details
Scroll down the page to Rubric Details and complete the information:
- Use the Add Row button to add additional assessment Criteria.
- Use the Add Column button to add additional Levels of Achievement.
- Use the Rubric Type: drop-down to select either points or point ranges for each Level of Achievement.
This will display point boxes where numbers can be added for each level of achievement.
- Use the Criteria or Levels of Achievement buttons to re-order the rows or columns respectively.
- Use the context menu buttons beside each column or row heading names to edit the names or delete the row or column.
- Enter the description under each Level of Achievement for each criterion.
- When the rubric is complete, scroll down on the page and choose Submit.
The rubric is saved and you are returned to the Rubrics area.