Creating an Evaluation Session
Once the sample is created in the Evidence Collection project, the artifacts collected and sampled can be distributed to predetermined individuals for evaluation (these evaluators need to have Blackboard accounts, but specific rights to Outcomes are not needed for them to access and evaluate artifacts).
NOTE: Once an Evidence Collection has been sampled, it will no longer collect artifacts from course sections.
Step 1 - How to Start an Evaluation Session
Step 2 - Select the Evaluators and the Evaluation Session Properties
- Search for Evaluators by Username, First Name, Last Name, or email address.
- Click the checkbox to the right of each name that you want to include as an Evaluator ad then click the Submit button.
- Click the Browse button again to search for and add additional Evaluators.
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 until you have selected all your Evaluators.
Create Evaluation Session - Showing Evaluators
Set the Evaluation Session Properties
- Select how may Evaluators need to evaluate each item - Use the drop-down list to select how many evaluators must review each artifact in the sample.
- Rubric - Choose the Browse button to select the Rubric(s) to be used for evaluation. The Select Rubric page is displayed. If it is blank, choose the Go button beside the search bar for a full list, or enter search criteria.
Choose the check box beside the desired rubric(s) and choose Submit. Multiple rubrics can be selected. The Create Evaluation Session page is re-displayed listing the rubric chosen for evaluation.
- Due Date - Enter a due date for evaluations to be completed if desired.
- Privacy - Click the check box to hide student information from the evaluator’s list. If it is selected, student names in the list will be replaced by system-generated student names.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If students have included their name on the submitted Artifact(s), the students' anonymity will not be maintained during the evaluation process. Therefore instructors should tell their students not to include their names on any documents that may be submitted for an Assignment that may be used in the future for an Outcomes Evaluation project.
- Choose Save Session to distribute the evaluations at a later date/time. Or, choose Start Session to allow evaluators to begin evaluating the artifacts.
The evaluation session link will be shown to the evaluator via the Updates Area of the Social Learning Tools as well as in an email sent to the evaluator notifying them they have been selected