Editing Videos Online
This guide explains how to edit videos created online. Only cuts to the video can be made in Echo. If you wish to make other edits, it is recommended to download the video and use a video editing program to make the desired edits.
Known issue with video editing: When applying many small cuts (20 or more) to a video, the audio/video can become out of sync, sometimes by as much as a half a second. Echo360 is currently looking into this issue.
Editing A Video
From the content library, hover over the video you wish to edit, click the button in the bottom right hand corner of the video thumbnail, and choose Edit Media from the menu that appears.
Video Editor Overview
Above is an image of the video editor.
- In the middle is the video content captured from the webcam and application.
- Below the video is the filmstrip editor which allows you to select sections to make cuts from the video. In the filmstrip editor, sections that have been cut out are grey, while existing sections are blue.
- Below the filmstrip is the video player which allows you to play and stop the video, as well as showing your current position in the video playback.
Making Cuts from the Beginning or the End of the Video
To make a cut from the beginning or end of the video, or from the beginning or end of a segment, hover over the filmstrip editor, and a grey handle will appear. Drag the handle to the desired location to make the cut.
Making Cuts from the Middle of the Video
To make a cut from the middle of the video:
- Click on the filmstrip editor where you want to make the start of the cut.
- Click the Make Cut button.
- After clicking on the start of the cut, drag the gray handle that appears to the desired end point of the cut.
Deleting a Video Segment
To delete a segment between cuts:
- Click on the video segment you wish to cut.
- Click the Delete button to make the cut.
Restoring a Deleted Segment
To restore a deleted segment:
- Click on the segment you wish to restore.
- Click the Revert button.
To publish the video with the edits, click the Save button at the top of the screen. To save the edited video as a new video, click the Save As button. If you wish to remove all edits and return to the original video, click the Restore button.