Setting a Timer
Blackboard Collaborate allows presenters to set a timer to give participants a specified time limit to respond to a question or work on a problem. This guide will show how to access the timer within the session.
Opening the Blackboard Collaborate Panel
To open the Collaborate Panel, click on the purple button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Setting up the Timer
To set up the timer:
- In the Collaborate Panel, click on the Share Content tab.
- Select Timer from the menu.
Setting up the Timer Options
- Timer duration: Enter how long you want the timer to run, in minutes and seconds.
- Timer description (Optional): Enter a description for the timer here.
- Timer counts: (Up/Down): Select whether you want the timer to count up or count down.
- Timer viewable by: Select whether you want the timer to be visible by all users or by moderators only.
- Press Start to start the timer.
Tip: Setting a timer to be visible by moderators only is a good way for an instructor to time their presentation and stay on task.
Viewing the Timer Details
The timer will now be visible above the session tools at the bottom of the screen:
- To view the timer details, click on the time remaining.
- To hide the timer, click on the eye icon.
- Pause/Resume: To pause the timer, click the pause button. Then click the play button to resume the timer.
- Restart: While the timer is paused, or if the timer has ended, you can click this button to restart the timer.
- Timer Settings: With the timer paused, click on this button to modify the timer settings.
- Dismiss Timer: With the timer paused, click this button to close the timer and delete it.