This guide will demonstrate how to conduct a poll with members of your virtual Collaborate session.
Accessing the Collaborate Panel
To distribute a poll, you will need to open the Collaborate Panel. To open the Collaborate Panel, click on the purple button in the bottom right corner.
Setting up a Poll
- In the Collaborate Panel, click on the Share Content tab.
- Select Polling from the menu.
Choosing a Poll Type
You will now see a screen listing the available poll types: Yes/No, 2 choices, 3 choices, 4 choices, and 5 choices. Select the desired number of responses for your poll.
Distributing a Poll to Users
The poll will appear on screen similar to the poll shown in the image above. Note: Instructors cannot input labels for each option in the poll. To display options, use the text tool on the whiteboard or type the response options in the chat window.
- Response counts will appear here for each option.
- To prevent participants from changing their answers, click the Lock Poll button.
- To end the poll, click the End Polling button in the upper right hand corner.
Tip: If you use the polling feature frequently, you can keep the poll open in the session. After a poll question is completed, lock the answers, and then clear the answers, then, click the X button to hide the poll. The poll will then be accessible to you from the bottom tray.