Adding the Messages Tool
The messages tool allows students and instructors to communicate privately within the Blackboard course site. The lesson below will demonstrate how to add the messages tool to the course site.
Adding the Messages Tool, Part 1
- To add a link to a course tool, hover over the Add Menu Item button (the + sign).
- Select Tool Link from the menu that appears.
Adding the Messages Tool, Part 2
You will now see a dialog box labeled Add Tool Link:
- Name: Enter a name for the tool link here.
- Type: Select Messages from the dropdown menu.
- Available to Users: Check the box to make the link available to students
- When you are finished, click Submit.
The Messages link will now appear at the bottom of the course menu.