Changing the Point Value on a Question
This lesson will demonstrate how to change the point value for test questions in Blackboard, and how to designate a question as extra credit.
Accessing the Test Canvas, Part 1
Log into Blackboard and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Course Tools.
- Select Tests, Surveys and Pools.
Accessing the Test Canvas, Part 2
You will then be taken to a screen labeled Tests, Surveys, and Pools. On this screen, select Tests.
Accessing the Test Canvas, Part 3
Locate the test you wish to edit, and hover over the test name. Click the chevron that appears next to the test, and choose Edit.
Changing the Point Value for a Single Question, Part 1
You will then be taken to the Test Canvas. Locate the question you wish to change the point value for, and click on the point value for the question.
Changing the Point Value for a Single Question, Part 2
The Points box will expand to show the following options.
- Update points: Type in the desired number of points here.
- Extra Credit: To designate the question as extra credit, check the box here
- Submit: When finished, click Submit.
The point value for the question will then be updated.
Changing the Point Value for Multiple Questions
- Check the checkboxes next to each question you wish to update the point value for.
- Alternatively, to select all the test questions, Click Select All at the top of the page.
- Points: Enter the desired number of points per question in this field
- Click Update.
The point value for each question will now be updated.