Adding the Course News Page (Adding a Module Page)
The Course News page allows students and instructors to view a summary of recent course activity. This guide will demonstrate how to add the link for the Course News page, and how to add modules to the page.
Creating the Course News Link in the Course Menu, Part 1
- Click on the Add Menu Item button (the plus sign) on the top of the course menu
- A menu will pop up. Select Module Page from the list
Creating the Course News Link in the Course Menu, Part 2
You will now see the above dialog box labeled Add Module Page.
- Name: Enter the name for the link in the space provided, for example "Course News".
- Available to Users: Check the box to make the item available to users
- Click Submit when finished
Adding Modules to the Course News Page, Part 1
You have now created a blank Course News page, also known as a Module Page. To add additional modules, click on the Add Course Module button at the top of the page.
Adding Modules to the Course News Page, Part 2
You will now see a screen labeled Add Module. On this screen, you will now be able to select which modules to include on the course news page. Click on the Add button to add the module to the page. To remove a module, select Remove. When you are finished, click OK at the bottom of the page