Viewing and Grading a Single Student's Submission
This lesson will demonstrate how do view and download a single student's attempt from the grade center.
Accessing the Grade Center
Accessing a Student's Submission
Locate the column that contains the student's assigment submission. Hover your cursor over the cell that contains the student's submission, and click the chevron that appears in the student's cell. Select the attempt you wish to view from the menu.
Viewing a Student's Attempt
You will now see a screen labeled Grade Assignment:
- A preview of the item the student has submitted will appear on the left. Click on the Comment button to add comments to the student's submission
- Submission: A list of submitted items for the assignment will appear here. Click on the arrow button to save files to your computer.
- Comments: Comments entered by the student regarding the submission will appear here.
- Attempt: Click here to enter a grade for the student's current attempt.
- Grade: The student's final grade for the assignment will appear here, based on how the assignment column is set up to handle multiple attempts. To override the final grade, click on the pencil icon to change the grade.
- Feedback to Learner: Enter feedback for the student's attempt here.
- Add Notes: Click the Add Notes link to add grading notes that are visible only to instructors.
- To save the student's grade for the current attempt, click the Submit button.
- Use the arrows at the top of the page to navigate between multiple attempts or students.