Editing Item Settings
This article will demonstrate how to edit item properties and settings within Blackboard.
Accessing the Course Content Collection
To access the course content collection, go to the Blackboard Control Panel:
- Click on Content Collection.
- Select the course ID of the current course listed beneath the Content Collection header.
Editing Item Settings
You will now see a screen labeled Course Content. To edit the settings for a file, locate the file you wish to edit and hover over the file name. Click the chevron button that appears to the right of the file name and select Edit Settings from the menu.
Editing the File Information
You will then see a screen labeled Edit Settings. File Information provides the following file information:
- File Name: The file name appears here. To rename the file, type in the desired file name in the text box.
- Web Folder URL: The URL for the file's current location is listed here.
- Permanent URL: The permanent link location URL is listed here.
- File Type: The type of file is shown here.
- File Size: The size of the file is listed here.
- Owner: The owner of the file is listed here.
- Created by: The individual who created the file is listed here.
- Created on: The date the item was created is listed here.
- Last Edited by: This item shows who had last made changes to the item.
- Last Edited: This date shows when the last change to the item was made.
Editing the File Options
Options allows users to modify the following properties:
- Lock File: Checking Lock File prevents others from editing or deleting the file--normally, students do no have proper the Permissions to do this--only someone with Instructor or TA access could do so. (For more information on Permissions, see Managing Course File Permissions.)
- Share Comments: If Share Comments is checked, then any user with Read Permission (such as students) will be able to view and add comments to the file.
- Enable Versioning: If Enable Versioning is checked, then anytime then anytime an attempt is made to overwrite or edit the file, a new version of the file will be created.
- Enable Tracking: If Enable Tracking is checked, then each time a user (such as a student) interacts with that file, the interaction will be recorded.
- When finished, click the Submit button to save changes.