The Date Management tool allows you to easily manage due dates and availability dates for various assessments and assignments in your course. You can make adjustments to all dates at the same time based on a start date or specific offset, or you can adjust individual dates easily from one central location.
Access Date Management
Choose Management Option
If you select:
1. Use Course Start Date - all content and tool dates adjust by the number of days the dates occur after the course start date
2. Adjust by Number of Days - all content and tool dates adjust from the original date set by the number of days entered
3. List All Dates for Review - all existing dates will be displayed on one page where you can edit as necessary
Submitting Your Preference
Once you select the option you want, click the Start button for the changes to take effect.
Processing the Date Management Setting
Once the Date Management setting is processed, click the Next button.
Note: You will receive an automated email verifying that the process is complete.
Editing Individual Dates
If you want to edit individual dates, click the pencil icon on the right to edit the due date, the start date, and the end date for items individually. Otherwise, your dates have been changed and you can exit your course.
1. After clicking the pencil icon, availability start and end dates can be adjusted.
2. To submit answers, click the green check mark.
Adjust Dates Individually or for Groups Based on a Specific Offset
You can also make adjustments to individual assignments or groups of assignments by adjusting their dates based on a specific offset.
1. Click Adjust Dates.
2. Select the assignment(s).
3. Click Go.
Note: Known Issue
Please note that the Date Management tool does not allow users to edit the start/end dates for discussion forums, threads, or wikis inside a group - only the due date can be adjusted.