Accessing and Viewing the Blackboard Calendar
The Calendar in Blackboard allows students and instructors to manage course due dates and other course events. Due dates are automatically added to the calendar. This guide will demonstrate how to access the course calendar.
Accessing the Calendar, Part 1
The Blackboard Calendar can be accessed through the Blackboard Notifications Panel. To access the notifications panel, click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the Blackboard window.
Accessing the Calendar, Part 2
The Blackboard Calendar will now appear on screen. Please refer to the items below to assist with navigating the calendar.
- Use these icons to toggle between a daily, weekly, and monthly calendar view.
- The current day, week, or month will appear here. Use the arrow buttons to view past or future periods.
- Any calendar events for the selected day, week, or month will appear on the right.
- Calendars: Use the checkboxes on the left side to select and deselect individual course calendars for viewing.
- Click on the + sign to create a new calendar event. For more information on creating a calendar event, please refer to the guide on Creating a Calendar Event.
- Click on Get External Calendar Link to export the calendar. Clicking this button will generate a link you can copy in the web browser to download a file you can open in your computer's calendar management program e.g. Outlook, ICalendar, etc.