Creating Smart Views for Merged Sections
Smart Views allow instructors to filter the Blackboard Grade Center so they can view a specific set of information at a time. This guide will demonstrate how to set up Smart Views for merged sites in Blackboard so you can view student performance in a single section at one time.
Accessing the Grade Center
Log into your Blackboard course and go the Control Panel:
- Click on Grade Center.
- Select Full Grade Center.
Accessing Smart Views
In the Grade Center, click on Manage, and select Smart Views from the menu.
Creating a Smart View
You will now be taken to a screen labeled Smart Views, that lists all the Grade Center smart views. To create a Smart View, click on the Create Smart View button at the top of the screen.
Setting up a Section Smart View
You will now see a screen labeled Create Smart View. To create a smart view for a child course section, follow the instructions below:
- Name: Enter the section name here.
- Description: Enter a description here (optional).
- Add as Favorite: Check this box to add the Smart View as a favorite, where it would be listed in the Control Panel, below Full Grade Center.
- Type of View: Select Custom from the list of options here.
- Select Criteria: User Criteria: Select the column labeled Child Course ID from the dropdown menu.
- Select Criteria: Value: Enter the child course ID of the section here. Ignore the item labeled Formula Editor.
- Filter Results: Select All Columns from the list.
- When finished, click the Submit button to create the Smart View. You would need to repeat this process for each section.