Creating Multiple Grade Columns
The Batch Create Grade Columns tool allows instructors to create multiple manually created columns at one time, instead of creating columns one at a time. Instructors will need to enable this tool in their course prior to using it.
Accessing the Batch Create Grade Columns Tool
Specifying the Number of Columns to Create
Entering Column Names and Information
The next screen will allow you to enter the column details for each column you created:
- Column Name: Enter the name for each Grade Center column in this field. Note: The column entered in the bottom row will appear in the Grade Center first.
- Primary Display Type: Enter the desired Primary Display for the grade using the drop down menu for each column. The available options include Score, Letter, Percentage, Text, and Complete/Incomplete. The primary display determines how grades are entered in the Grade Column, and how the grade is shown to students.
- Category: The Category dropdown menu allows you to assign a category for the grade column.
- Points Possible: Enter the total points possible for each column here.
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to create the column.
The columns will now be created in the Grade Center. You will now be taken back to the Enter Number of Columns screen.