How to Show/Hide the Course Menu and Control Panel
This article will show you how to hide and reveal the Main Course Menu. You may want to do this to see more of the primary display area, especially on devices with smaller screens.
If the Course Menu and Control Panel are not visible in your course site, skip to Step 3 to see how to make them visible.
To hide the course menu, hover your cursor over the edge of the course menu and click on the gray bar or arrow that appears.
The main display area now occupies most of the browser window.
If you are viewing Blackboard using a web browser on a small-screen device, you will see a compacted view of the course, but all course features are accessible.
- To view the system tabs (My Institution, Faculty Support, Student Support) and the global notifications dashboard, click on the button with the three parallel lines.
- To view the Course Menu, click on the circular button with the angle bracket character.
The options in the menu above will vary based on your institutional role
- To close the system tab menu, click the X button in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Click on the desired menu item to access the desired content.
- To log out of Blackboard, click on the Power icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- The course menu and control panel will appear on the top left side of the screen. If accessed from the middle or bottom of a page, it will appear blank.
- To close the course menu, click the X button in the upper left hand corner.
- For faculty, to access the Student Preview mode and Edit Mode controls, click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner.