Creating a Calculated Numeric Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Calculated Numeric question in Blackboard. A Calculated Numeric question allows instructors to specify a number or a range of numbers as a solution.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, click on Create Question and select Calculated Numeric from the menu.
Entering Question and Answer Information
You will now see a screen labeled Create/Edit Numeric Answer Question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question (optional)
- Question Text: Enter your question text in the space provided.
- Correct Answer: Enter a value for the correct answer here.
- Answer range: Specify a range for allowed answers.
Entering Feedback and Category Information
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas.
The question you created will now appear on the test canvas. Click the Points value to change the number of points.