Adding Question Sets in Respondus
Question sets allow instructors to randomly display a selected number of questions out of a larger pool of questions. For example, an instructor may create three essay questions, but each student would only see one of the questions. This lesson will demonstrate how to add question sets to a Respondus project.
Adding Question Sets
Adding Question Sets, Part 1
- To add a new question set, select Add New Set
- Enter the number of the question at the beginning of the set.
- Enter the number of the question at the end of the set
- Enter the number of questions to be randomly displayed to students.
- Enter the point value for the questions in the set.
- Click the Add New Set button to add the question set to the test. Each question set will be identified with a letter. Repeat the steps above for each question set you would like to add.
- When finished, click OK to continue with creating your test.
Repeat the process detailed above for each question set you wish to create.
Modifying or deleting question sets
If you happen to make a mistake in setting up your question set, please follow the steps below to make changes:
- Choose Modify or Delete Set, and select the letter that corresponds to the set you wish to delete.
- Update the set parameters as needed.
- Click Save Changes to save the changes to the set.
- Click Delete Set to remove the set. (Note: this will not delete the questions).
- When you are finished, click OK