Navigation Within Blackboard
Every Blackboard course is designed depending upon the instructor. However, there are a few common features among all Blackboard courses that are outlined in this guide.
My Institution Page
1. Page Header: Click here to access your Blackboard settings and notifications.
2. Logout Button: Click here to logout of Blackboard.
3. Student Support Tab: Find useful Blackboard information and access to help. Information for the UT Blackboard Help Desk is available, along with a live-chat feature to talk in real-time with someone at the Help Desk.
4. My Institution Tab: Click this button in any course to be taken back to the My Institution page, the welcome page in Blackboard.
5. Tools: Access announcements, your calendar, tasks, grades, send email, change personal information, or view goals and assessments associated with your courses.
6. Report Card: A summary of all your grades from all courses are within this box.
7. To Do: This box contains assignments that your instructors have marked with a specific due date.
8. Course List: A list of all your current courses will appear in this box. To access one of the courses, click the title of the course.
9. What's New: Recent changes and updates by instructors and other students in your courses will appear here.
10. Announcements: Current announcements from all courses appear in this box. To manage your personal settings for announcements, click the gear icon that appears when hovering in the upper-right corner of the Announcements box.
To navigate from course to course without going back to the My Institution page, click the drop-down menu in the current course and select another course.