Uploading a YouTube Video from a Mobile Device
This guide will demonstrate how to upload a YouTube video from a mobile device.
Note: This guide was created using the iPad version of the YouTube app. The process is similar on other devices, but there may be slight appearance changes.
Before creating videos, you will need:
- Download the YouTube App from your device's app store.
- A YouTube/Google account where you can upload your video to (How to create a YouTube Account Video)
Tips for creating videos:
Record Video or Select a Video to Import
Recording a Video
Editing a Video
The Edit Video function allows you to perform the following basic edits:
- Trim: Click on the Trim button to make cuts from the beginning or end of the video.
- Filters: Click on the Filters button to choose between different video filters.
- Music: Click on the Music button to add background music.
- When finished, click the Next button.
Sign in to your Google Account
Entering Video Information
You will now be asked to enter the video details:
- Title: Enter a title for the video here.
- Description: Enter a short description of the video here.
- Privacy: Choose the desired privacy level for the video: Public (anyone can search for and view your video), Unlisted (only those with the link can view the video), or Private (only you can view the video)
- Click the Upload button in the upper right corner to publish the video to YouTube.