Editing the Membership of a Single Group
This lesson will demonstrate how to edit the membership of a single group.
Accessing the Groups Tool
Log into Blackboard and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Users and Groups.
- Then click on Groups.
Editing the Group Membership, Part 1
You will now see a list of groups in the course. Locate the group you wish to edit, hover over the group name and click the chevron next to the group and select Edit Group from the menu.
Editing the Group Membership, Part 2
To modify the group membership, scroll down to the section labeled Membership:
- Click the Add Users button to add users to the group. This will bring up a screen similar to the one in the next step
- Click the X in the rightmost column to remove a user from the group.
You will now see a screen labeled Add Users:
- Search: Use the search bar and the criterion selectors to search for a specific user to add and click Go to search.
- Show all Users Regardless of Role: Check this option to list users with roles other than student.
- The list of course users will appear here.
- Check the checkboxes to select the users you wish to add.
- Use the page navigation buttons to navigate between multiple pages.
- Click the Show All button to show all users on one page.
- Click the Edit Paging button to manage how many users are listed per page (maximum: 200 per page)
- When finished, click the Submit button to add the users to the group.
After clicking Submit, you will then be returned to the Edit Group Screen, and the students will have been added to the list of group members.
After you have edited the group membership, you will see a green bar indicating that the selected users have been added to the group. When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.