Creating a Content Area
Content areas allow instructors to organize content within the course menu. Content areas can be created for items such as the course syllabus, schedule, course units, assignments, and exams. This guide will demonstrate how to add a content area to the course menu.
Creating a New Content Area, Part 1
To add a content area, follow the steps listed below:
- In the course menu, hover over the Add Menu Item button (denoted by the + sign) at the top of the course menu.
- Select Content Area from the menu that appears.
Creating a New Content Area, Part 2
You will now see a screen similar to the one above labeled Add Content Area.
- Name: Enter a name for the content area you want to create
- Available to Users: Check the box to make the item available to students. Otherwise, students will not be able to see content uploaded to the link.
- When finished, click Submit
The new content area will appear at the bottom of the course menu