Modifying the Course List Settings
This guide shows how users can modify the types of information that is shown in their list of courses in Blackboard, as well as how to hide and show course links. In addition, users can now sort courses by term, which users can then place the current term at the top of their course list.
Modifying the Course List Settings, Part 1
Log into Blackboard, and locate the Course List module on the My Institution page. Hover over box and click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the module box.
Modifying the Course List Settings, Part 2
The screen above allows users to update the following information within the course list:
- To organize courses by term, check the checkbox labeled Group by Term. More details are available in the step labeled Grouping Courses by Term.
- To reorganize the order the courses are listed in, locate the course you wish to reorder and drag the course into the desired location in the leftmost column noted with an up and down arrow icon.
- Select All/Unselect All: Check the box here to select all available display options or to unselect all available display options. Unselecting all the options will remove the course from the course list.
- Course Name: Check this box to display the course name. Uncheck this box to hide the course name.
- Course ID: Check this box to display the course ID. Uncheck this box to hide the Course ID. To hide the course from this list, uncheck both the Course Name and Course ID boxes.
- Instructors: Check this box to display the names of the course instructors. Uncheck this box to hide the names of the course instructors.
- Announcements: Check this box to display the course announcements. Uncheck this box to hide the course announcements
- Tasks: Check this box to show tasks associated with the course. Uncheck this box to hide tasks.
- When finished, click the Submit button to save your changes.
The Course List will then be updated with the requested changes.
You can hide child courses of a merged course in the current term by deselecting any blue checked boxes in the list.
Grouping Courses by Term
- To group courses by terms, check the checkbox for the Group by Term option. The section will expand to list all available terms.
- To reorder the terms, drag the term you wish to reposition and move it to the desired location.
- Term Name: The name of the term will appear here.
- Term Duration: the duration of the term will appear here.
- Show Term: Check the checkbox to show the term in the course list. Uncheck the checkbox to hide the term.
- Expand Term: Check the checkbox to show all courses within that term. Uncheck this checkbox to collapse the courses into a header for the term.
- When finished, click the Submit button to save changes.
You can hide past terms by deselecting "show term" or collapse terms by grouping them this way for a cleaner course list each semester.