Copying an Item or Folder
This lesson will demonstrate how to copy an item or a folder within the current course or into another course site. Please note: This guide only applies to content items and folders, and does not apply to assessment tools such as tests or assignments.
In your Blackboard course, locate the folder that you wish to copy, and click the chevron next to the item and choose Copy from the menu that appears.
You will now see a screen labeled Copy. Under the section labeled Destination:
- Destination Course: Select the course you want to copy the materials to from the dropdown box.
- Destination Folder: Click Browse to select the destination folder for the copied materials.
On the screen that pops up, select the folder to copy materials to. Once you have selected the folder, you will be taken back to the Copy Item screen.
Under Attachments and Embedded Links, you will see the following options:
- Copy links to attached and embedded files: Chose this option to link to existing files and attachments when copying content. This option is recommended only when copying items within the current course.
- Include links and make copies of attached and embedded files: This option will create a copy of any attached or embedded file from the content to be copied within the content collection for the destination course: This option is recommended for copying materials between different course sites so students in the destination course can see the materials.
- When finished, click the Submit button to copy the content. The content will now appear in the selected destination.