Creating a Pool
A pool is a collection of questions that can be reused in multiple tests or surveys. This guide will demonstrate how to create a pool within Blackboard.
Accessing Course Tests, Part 1
Log into Blackboard and go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Course Tools.
- Select Tests, Surveys and Pools.
Accessing Course Tests, Part 2
You will then be taken to a screen labeled Tests, Surveys, and Pools. On this screen, select Pools.
Creating a Pool, Part 1
You will now see a screen labeled Pools. To create a new pool, click on the Build Pool button.
Creating a Pool, Part 2
You will now see a screen labeled Pool information:
- Name: Enter the name for the test here.
- Description: Enter a description of the test for students here
- Instructions: Enter instructions for the students here
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Adding Questions to the Pool
You will now see a screen labeled Pool Canvas:
- To create a question from scratch, select Create Question and choose the type of question you wish to create
- To reuse existing questions from another test or pool, select Find Questions.