Commenting on a Journal Entry
This guide will demonstrate how to comment on an existing journal entry.
Only instructors can comment on journal entries. If you wish to have students interact with other students' work, use either the Blog or Discussion board tools.
Accessing the Journal Link
To access the Blog tool, click on the Journals link in the course menu
Accessing the Journal
You will then be taken to the Journals page, which lists all the course journals. To access a journal, click on the name of the journal.
Reading and Commenting on a Journal Entry
You will now see a screen similar to the one above with the title of the journal appearing at the top.
- Click on the drop down menu on the right portion of the screen to access journals from other students.
- Index: Use the index to select the desired journal entry to view.
- The journal entries will appear on the left portion of the screen.
- To view existing comments on the journal entry, click on the number of comments listed in the bottom left corner of the journal entry.
- To comment on a journal entry, click the Comment button at the bottom of the journal entry.
Creating a Comment
You will now see a screen similar to the one above. To enter a comment:
- Comment: Type your comment in the textbox provided.
- Click on the Spell Check button (the icon with abc and a green checkmark) to check for spelling and grammar issues.
- When finished, click the Add button to publish the comment. The comment will then be added to the blog entry.
Journals in Activity Stream
1. Instructor will receive a notification in Activity Stream after they have commented on a Journal Entry.
2. Instructors will receive a notification in Activity Stream after a student has created a Journal Entry.
Instructors and students can manage their Activity Stream Notifications to choose which Journal activities will view in Activity Stream.