Creating a Survey from a Content Area
This lesson will demonstrate how to create a survey in Blackboard.
Creating a Survey, Part 1
Log into your Blackboard course, and go to the content area that you would like to add the test to. At the top of the page, click on Assessment and select Survey.
Creating a Survey Part 2
On the next page, labeled Create Survey, under Section 1: Add Survey, click on the Create button next to Create a New Survey.
Creating a Survey, Part 3
You will now see a screen labeled Survey information:
- Name: Enter the name for the Survey here.
- Description: Enter a description of the survey for students here
- Instructions: Enter instructions for the students here
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
Adding a Question
The next screen is the Survey Canvas, which shows all the questions in the test, and allows instructors to add questions to the test. To add a question, click on Create Question at the top of the screen and select the type of question to create. The step below outlines the creation of a multiple choice question, so select Multiple Choice from the list.
Creating a Multiple Choice Question, Part 1
You will now see a screen similar to the one above titled Create/Edit Multiple Choice Question:
Under the section labeled Question, please provide the following information:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question (optional)
- Question Text: Enter the question text
Options allows users to change the question properties:
- Answer Numbering: Choose the format for the numbering of the answer choices
- Answer Orientation: Chose either a horizontal or vertical option for answer choices
- Show Answers in Random Order: Check this box to randomize the order of the answer choices
Creating a Multiple Choice Question, Part 2
In the section labeled Answers, you can set up the individual answer choices for the students to select.
- Number of Answers: Select the number of answer choices to show to students.
- Answer N: Enter the text of each answer choice into each textbox.
- Click Remove to remove an answer choice.
Creating a Multiple Choice Question, Part 3
Categories and Keywords allows instructors to provide additional metadata tags to the question to allow questions to be easily searchable.
- Categories: Click Add to enter category tags for the question.
- Topics: Click Add to enter tags based on topics that are covered in the course for the question.
- Levels of Difficulty: Click Add to enter tags based of the level of difficulty of the question.
- Keywords: Click Add to enter keywords for the question.
- Instructor Notes allows instructors to enter notes regarding the question. These notes are not visible to students.
- When finished with the question, click the Submit and Create Another button to add another question of the same quest type.
- Or click the Submit button to return to the Test Canvas.
Survey Canvas Overview
After clicking the Submit button, you will be returned to the Survey Canvas. The Test Canvas will allow you to create a new question, rearrange, edit, and delete questions.