Managing Grade Center Color Codes
Color Codes allow instructors to visually identify various statuses and student performance visually by assigning color schemes to the Grade Center. This guide will demonstrate how to assign color codes.
Accessing the Grade Center
Log into your Blackboard course and go the Control Panel:
- Click on Grade Center.
- Select Full Grade Center.
Accessing Grade Center Color Codes
You will now see a screen labeled Full Grade Center. To manage Grading Color Codes, click the Manage button and select Grading Color Codes from the menu.
Setting Up Grading Color Codes for Grading Statuses
You will now see a screen labeled Grading Color Codes.
- Under Color Code Information, check the checkbox to enable Grading Color Codes.
- Grading Status: In Progress: Use the color selector to select a color for items labeled as In Progress.
- Grading Status: Needs Grading: Use the color selector to select a color for items labeled as Needs Grading.
- Grading Status: Exempt: Use the color selector to select a color for items labeled as Exempt.
Setting Up Grading Color Codes for Grade Statuses
The section labeled Grade Ranges allows instructors to set up color codes for specific performance criteria:
- Criteria: Use the dropdown menu to determine the type of criteria values to use: Between, Less Than, or More than or Equal To.
- Enter the desired criteria value(s) in the space provided.
- Background Color: Use the color selector to select the color of the background.
- Text: Use the color selector to select the color of the text.
- Indicator Preview: This shows a preview of how the color code would appear in the Grade Center.
- To delete a criteria, click the Delete Criteria button.
- To add an additional criteria, click the Add Criteria button.
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the screen.