Creating Grade Center Reports
Blackboard allows instructors to generate progress reports for students in Blackboard. This guide will demonstrate how to create reports in the Grade Center.
Accessing the Grade Center
To access the Grade Center for a Blackboard course, log into your Blackboard course and go to the Control Panel:
- Click on the Grade Center heading.
- The Grade Center section will expand. Select Full Grade Center from the available options.
Creating Grade Center Reports
You will now see the Full Grade Center. To create reports, click on the Reports and choose Create Report from the menu.
Setting up the Report Header Information
You will now see a screen labeled Create Reports. The section labeled Header Information allows instructors to customize the report header. To include the fields in the header, check the checkbox to the left of the field name:
- Report Name: Enter a name for the report here.
- Date: Check the checkbox to include a date for the report.
- Institution name: Enter the institution name here.
- Course Information: Enter course information here.
- Names of Users by Role: Check this checkbox to select users by role.
- Custom Text: Enter a description of the report here.
The Users section allows instructors to select which users to include in the report. The available options are All Users, All Users in Group, or Selected Users. To select multiple groups or users, hold down the Control key (command key on Mac) while selecting users. In addition, to included hidden users, check the checkbox next to the option labeled Include Hidden Users in Reports.
Selecting User Information to Include
Under User Information: Use the checkboxes to select what user information to include in the reports:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Student ID
- Last Access
Selecting Columns to Include in the Report
The Columns section allows the instructor to select which columns to include in the report:
- Columns currently displayed in the grid (in display order): Select this option to include the current grade center view.
- All Columns: Select this option to include all grade center columns.
- Al Columns in Category: Select this option to include all columns within a selected category.
- Selected Columns: Choose this option to individually select columns for inclusion in the report.
- Include Hidden Columns in Reports: Check this checkbox to include columns hidden from the Grade Center.
Editing the Footer Information
The section labeled Footer Information allows instructors to customize the report footer:
- Custom Text: Check the checkbox, and then type the desired text for the report footer.
- Signature line: Check this checkbox to include a signature line on the report.
- Date: Check this checkbox to include the current date in the footer.
- Course Information: Check this checkbox to include the course name in the report.
- When finished, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page to create the report.