Creating a Fill in the Blank Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Fill in the Blank question with one answer field. If you want to create a question with more than one answer field, please refer to the instructions for creating a Fill in Multiple Blanks question.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Fill in the Blank from the menu.
Entering Question and Answer Text
You will now see a screen labeled Create/Edit Fill in the Blank Question. To create a question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question here (optional).
- Question Text: Enter your question text here.
- Number of Answers: Select the number of answers you wish to accept as correct.
- Answer Match: Select whether to accept only exact matches, or answers that contain the provided answer term.
- Type your answer text in the space provided.
- Case Sensitive: Check this box to require students to match the answer case as typed; e.g. if Cars was the correct answer, then cars would not be accepted as correct.
Entering Feedback and Categories
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas