Creating a Fill in the Blank Question
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Fill in the Blank question with one answer field. If you want to create a question with more than one answer field, please refer to the instructions for creating a Fill in Multiple Blanks question.
Selecting a Question Type
With the Test Canvas open, Click on Create Question and select Fill in the Blank from the menu.
Entering Question and Answer Text
You will now see a screen labeled Create/Edit Fill in the Blank Question. To create a question:
- Question Title: Enter a title for the question here (optional).
- Question Text: Enter your question text here.
- Number of Answers: Select the number of answers you wish to accept as correct.
- Answer Match: Select whether to accept only exact matches, or answers that contain the provided answer term.
- Type your answer text in the space provided.
- Case Sensitive: Check this box to require students to match the answer case as typed; e.g. if Cars was the correct answer, then cars would not be accepted as correct.
Entering Feedback and Categories
- Correct Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond correctly.
- Incorrect Response Feedback: Enter feedback to be shown to students when students respond incorrectly.
- Categories and Keywords: Click the Add button to add tags for Categories, Topics, Levels of Difficulty, and Keywords.
- Instructor Notes: Enter any notes in this field here. Only instructors can view information entered here.
- Cancel: Click Cancel to discard the question
- Submit and Create Another: Click this button to save the question and create another question of the same type.
- Submit: Click this button to save the question and return to the test canvas
The question you created will now appear on the test canvas. Click the Points value to change the number of points.