Creating an Evidence Collection Project
This module will show you how to create an Evidence Collection Project.
Step 1 - Access the Outcomes Assessment Tab
Step 2 - Find Goals
Choose the Find Goals button beside Select Goals--the Discover Goals page is displayed.
Use Browse Criteria to filter the Goals
Use the Browse Criteria to set filters to help easily sort for the desired Goal.
Goal Set Type relates to the Set Type entered when creating the Goal.
Goal Set relates to the Goal Set that the Goal was created under.
Category relates to the Category created for the Goal.
- Goal Type relates to the Goal Type entered when creating the Goal.
Choose the Goals
Collect Evidence page with Goals displayed
Define the Collection Options
If you choose From Specific Places
If you check From Specific Places, you can Select Places (find specific Courses or Organizations) and you can also limit you selection to Selected Terms or a Specific Date Range.
Define Collection Options now shows the number of Selected Courses
NOTE: Selecting Courses is optional. If no courses are selected, the system will collect from any artifact aligned to the selected goal. Under these circumstances, if the privilege of Add/Edit Goal has been given to the course instructor role, instructors may have inadvertently aligned additional assignments in their courses to the same goal in the external evidence collection project, which will result in additional artifacts from these aligned assignments also pulled into the collection. Defining the collection by courses can eliminate this issue.
Enter Project Details
- Enter the Project Name. (The Project Name should follow a naming convention similar to that used in creating goals. It may include the program name or ID, and the goal being assessed.)
Select Dates, if desired, that this project will be active. NOTE: These are the start and end date for the project. These dates will be visible in the Evidence Collection dashboards for all Assessment Managers and Assessment Administrators. The end date will also show in the Updates section of the Social Learning Tools area for any external evaluators selected as well as in emails sent to the evaluator notifying them they have been selected (Method #2).
- A Description may be entered to describe the details of the project if desired.
- A Tag may be added (optional)
- Choose Submit to start the Evidence Collection. The View Collected Evidence dashboard page will be displayed with a banner confirming the project was created. The Evidence Collection created will be included in the list with basic project information shown.
NOTE: Evidence Collections will not immediately collect artifacts. The system will do collections every hour on open projects. To see when your collection will first run, open on your Evidence Collection, and view the information related to the collection process which tells when the collection will initially run, or run next once the first collection begins.