Uploading a YouTube Video from Your Desktop
This guide will demonstrate how to upload a YouTube video from your desktop.
Before creating videos, you will need:
- A webcam or camera that can record videos (This can be a built-in webcam in your PC, laptop, smart phone, or IPad; a stand-alone webcam installed on your computer)
- A microphone (This can be a built-in Microphone on your laptop, smart phone, or IPad; or a headset microphone for more focused sound quality)
- An up-to-date Web Browser (Browser checker)
- A YouTube/Google account where you can upload your video to (How to create a YouTube Account Video)
Tips for creating videos:
To access YouTube, enter www.youtube.com into your web browser's address bar. You will then be taken to the YouTube Home Page.
To upload a video to YouTube:
- Click the Sign In button to sign in to your Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account, you can create one through this link.
- Click the Upload button to start uploading your video.
To upload a video file from your computer:
- Click on the link labeled Select Files to Upload or drag the file you wish to upload into this area.
- Select the desired privacy settings for the video: Public (anyone can search for and view your video), Unlisted (only those with the link can view the video), or Private (only you can view the video)
After your file has been uploaded, you will see a screen similar to the one above:
- The ribbon at the top will display the status of the video upload processing.
- Title: Enter the name of the video here.
- Description: Enter a description for the video here.
- Tags: Enter descriptive tags for the video here
- Use the dropdown menu on the right to change the video privacy settings: Public (anyone can search for and view your video), Unlisted (only those with the link can view the video), or Private (only you can view the video)
- Click the Publish button to publish your video to YouTube