Uploading a YouTube Video from Your Desktop
This guide will demonstrate how to upload a YouTube video from your desktop.
Before creating videos, you will need:
- A webcam or camera that can record videos (This can be a built-in webcam in your PC, laptop, smart phone, or IPad; a stand-alone webcam installed on your computer)
- A microphone (This can be a built-in Microphone on your laptop, smart phone, or IPad; or a headset microphone for more focused sound quality)
- An up-to-date Web Browser (Browser checker)
- A YouTube/Google account where you can upload your video to (How to create a YouTube Account Video)
Tips for creating videos:
To access YouTube, enter www.youtube.com into your web browser's address bar. You will then be taken to the YouTube Home Page.
To upload a video to YouTube:
- Click the Sign In button to sign in to your Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account, you can create one through this link.
- Click the Upload button to start uploading your video.
Uploading a Video File
To upload a video file from your computer:
- Click on the link labeled Select Files to Upload or drag the file you wish to upload into this area.
- Select the desired privacy settings for the video: Public (anyone can search for and view your video), Unlisted (only those with the link can view the video), or Private (only you can view the video)
Publishing a Video, Part 1
After your file has been uploaded, you will see a screen similar to the one above:
- The ribbon at the top will display the status of the video upload processing.
- Title: Enter the name of the video here.
- Description: Enter a description for the video here.
- Tags: Enter descriptive tags for the video here
- Use the dropdown menu on the right to change the video privacy settings: Public (anyone can search for and view your video), Unlisted (only those with the link can view the video), or Private (only you can view the video)
- Click the Publish button to publish your video to YouTube
Publishing a Video, Part 2
Your video has now been published to YouTube. You will be able to access links for sharing and embedding your video.