Uploading a YouTube Video from a Mobile Device
This guide will demonstrate how to upload a YouTube video from a mobile device.
Note: This guide was created using the iPad version of the YouTube app. The process is similar on other devices, but there may be slight appearance changes.
Before creating videos, you will need:
- Download the YouTube App from your device's app store.
- A YouTube/Google account where you can upload your video to (How to create a YouTube Account Video)
Tips for creating videos:
To create or upload a video from your device, click the camera icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
In order to upload a video, you will need to permit YouTube to access your photos, camera, and microphone. Click the Allow Access button to allow access to these devices.
- To record a video, click on the camera icon in the middle of the screen.
- If you already have a video recorded on your device, scroll down and select the video you wish to use.
- Click on the Camera icon to switch between your device's front and rear cameras.
- To start recording, click the red Record button. To stop recording, click the button again to stop recording.
The Edit Video function allows you to perform the following basic edits:
- Trim: Click on the Trim button to make cuts from the beginning or end of the video.
- Filters: Click on the Filters button to choose between different video filters.
- Music: Click on the Music button to add background music.
- When finished, click the Next button.
If you already are signed into your device with a Google Account, it will ask you which account you would like to use. If you are not signed in, click Add Account to sign in.
You will now be asked to enter the video details:
- Title: Enter a title for the video here.
- Description: Enter a short description of the video here.
- Privacy: Choose the desired privacy level for the video: Public (anyone can search for and view your video), Unlisted (only those with the link can view the video), or Private (only you can view the video)
- Click the Upload button in the upper right corner to publish the video to YouTube.