Submitting an Assignment
This guide will show students how to submit an assignment in a Blackboard course.
If an instructor added a new assignment to Blackboard, students Activity Stream will provide a direct link to the course or assignment.
1. Select the link of the course and will open up that course.
2. Select the link of the assignment and will open up the assignment.
1. In this example course, the assignments are located in Weekly content, select the Weekly Content link.
2. On the Course News Page, under What's New, you can select the Assignments tab to get a link to the assignment.
1. Clicking Write Submission allows users to type their assignment within Blackboard. Clicking Browse My Computer allows users to attach a file from their computer.
2. Add comments here for the instructor to view.
3. Click Submit.
If attaching a document, you must first save it to your computer for it to successfully upload. Verify your document is attached before clicking submit, as seen in this image:
Verify that the assignment was submitted and then click OK.
Video assignments should not be sent as attachments, but rather linked or embedded from cloud-hosted sources using the "Write Submission" field. Please see the Video Assignments guide for more details and options.