Clearing a Web Browser's Cookies, History, and Cache (Safari)
Web browsers use a small portion of your local computer's storage to save page elements of visited sites in your web browser's history. This behavior helps your web browser to load pages more efficiently, but sometimes browsers may pull up cached pages, and not the most recent version of the page. Clearing this information can also help improve your web browser's performance.
Clearing Cookies, History, and Cache related to Blackboard in Safari (Mac)
To clear cookies, history, and cache related to Blackboard in Safari,
- Click on the Safari menu item on the top-left edge of the screen.
- Click on the Preferences... menu item in the menu that appears.
Clearing History, Part 2
On the next screen:
1. Click on the Privacy button.
2. Click on the Manage Website Data... button.
Clearing History, Part 3
On the next screen, you will see a list of all of the websites that Safari has stored information for. To clear data related to UT's Blackboard:
- Scroll down to the entry for utdl.edu and click on it.
- Click Remove.
- Click the Done.
- You have now cleared Safari's stored data related to the UT Blackboard system. If you were logged into Blackboard prior to completing this action, you will need to log in again to continue.