Instructional designers work collaboratively with faculty in the design and development of online and blended courses. Instructional designers can help instructors to:
- Plan a course development timeline
- Write measurable learning objectives or competencies
- Apply best practices for designing a course structure
- Apply assessment strategies
- Create authentic and engaging learning activities
- Select appropriate technologies that can enhance student learning
- Address copyright and accessibility issues
- Build instructor presence and an online learning community
- Implement strategies for promoting academic integrity
- Implement strategies for managing the online workload
- Apply Quality Matters standards to course design
Contact your instructional designer today to set up a course design consultation.
UToledo Online offers one-on-one technology training sessions to faculty, staff, and teaching assistants for Blackboard, Collaborate, Echo360, and Respondus tools. Please submit our Technology Training Consultation Request form (requires UTAD login) and an educational technologist will reach out to you to set up a customized training. For group training, please email us at [email protected].