This guide will demonstrate how to conduct a poll with members of your virtual Collaborate session.
Accessing the Collaborate Panel
To distribute a poll, you will need to open the Collaborate Panel. To open the Collaborate Panel, click on the purple button in the bottom right corner.
Setting up a Poll
- In the Collaborate Panel, click on the Share Content tab.
- Select Polling from the menu.
Choosing a Poll Type
You will now see a screen listing the available poll types: Yes/No or Multiple Choice
Setting up a Poll Question
Below are instructions on how to set up multiple choice and Yes/No poll types.
Multiple Choice Polls
To create a Multiple Choice poll:
- Ask a question: Type the question you wish to ask to participants in this space.
- Answer choices: Type in your answer choices in the spaces provided
- Add choice: Click on Add Choice to add additional choices (up to a total of five choices) You can click the trash can icon next to an answer choice to delete it.
- Click the Start button to start the poll.
To set up a Yes/No poll:
- Ask a Question: Enter the question you wish to ask in the space provided.
- Click the Start button to start your poll.
Distributing a Poll to Users
The poll will appear on screen similar to the poll shown in the image above.
- Response counts will appear here for each option.
- To prevent participants from changing their answers, click the Lock Poll button.
- To end the poll, click the End Polling button in the upper right hand corner.
An active poll can be edited if you need to correct a typo. You can edit a poll by opening the Polling option from the Share Content menu in the Collaborate side panel.