Editing Audio/Video Settings
This guide will demonstrate how to change the audio and video settings within a Blackboard Collaborate session.
Accessing the Collaborate Panel
To change the Audio and Video settings in Collaborate, you will need to open the Collaborate Panel. To open the Collaborate Panel, click on the purple button in the bottom right corner.
Accessing the Audio and Video Settings
To access the Audio and Video Settings:
- Click on the gear icon to open the My Settings tab in the Collaborate Panel.
- Click on Audio and Video Settings to expand this section if it is not already expanded.
Modifying Audio and Video Settings
- Set up your camera and microphone: Select this option to set up or change your cameras and microphones.
- Use your phone for audio: Click this option to generate a telephone number and PIN to listen to the session audio using your telephone.
- Speaker Volume: Use the slider to adjust your speaker volume.
- Microphone Volume: Use the slider to adjust your microphone
Setting up your Microphone
The steps below will explain how to select and set up your microphone for Blackboard Collaborate:
- The purple bar represents the volume level of the currently selected microphone as you speak.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the available microphones.
- If the purple bar is not moving when you speak, click the No - I need help button for support assistance.
- If the microphone is working, click the Yes - It's working button to proceed to the next step.
Setting up your Webcam
The steps below will explain how to select and set up your webcam for Blackboard Collaborate:
- A preview of your video feed will appear here.
- Use the dropdown menu to choose from available webcams.
- If you are having problems, click the No - I need help button.
- If everything is working, click the Yes - It's working button to return to the session.