Embedding Content in Blackboard Using the Echo360 Mashup Tool
This guide will demonstrate how to use the Echo360 Video Library Mashup tool to embed Echo360 videos in content items.
Creating a Content Item in Blackboard
In an open content area in Blackboard,
- Click Build Content at the top of the page
- Select Item from the menu
Accessing the Echo360 Video Library Mashup Tool
- Name: Enter a name for the content item
- Add Content: Click on the plus icon in the bottom row of the toolbar to add additional content types.
You will now see a dialog box with the heading labeled Add Content. On this screen, select Echo360 Video Library from the list of options.
Searching Video Content
To search for Echo360 content under Choose From My Home
- Search: Enter search terms in the search bar.
- Filter: Click the Filter button to filter by course/section/term (see step below for details).
- Select which video from the list you wish to use.
To filter the displayed content:
- Type: Use the dropdown menu to select the type of media to choose.
- Term: Select a term to view content from a specific term.
- Course: Select a course to view content uploaded to a specific course.
- Clear All: Click this button to clear selected filters.
- Apply: Click the Apply button to apply the selected filters to the shown results.
Inserting a Video
- Select size: Use the dropdown menu to select the embedded video size.
- Start at: Click here to modify the start time for the video
- Autoplay: Select this option to automatically play the video (recommended setting is off)
- Automute: Select this option to mute the audio volume by default.
- Link: Select this option to create a link to the video instead of embedding (recommended for assignment submissions, as the embed feature does not work for assignments).
- Click the Insert button to insert the video into the text editor.
The video will now be embedded in a Blackboard content item.