This guide will demonstrate how to edit automatically generated transcripts to fix transcription errors.
Accessing Video Files from your Library
To edit transcripts for Echo360 videos:
- Log into Echo360 and click on the Library tab.
- Locate the video you wish to modify transcripts for and click on the button with three dots that appears when you hover over the video thumbnail.
In the menu that pops up:
- Click on More Actions
- Then select Edit Transcript from menu.
Select a Transcript Version to Edit
- Use the dropdown menu of the transcript to select which version of the transcript you wish to edit
- Click the Edit Transcript button on the right to begin editing
Editing a previous transcript version will create a new version of the transcript. It will not be overwritten
The automated transcript is labeled as Original
Transcript Editing Overview
- Transcript version: Use this option to select which version of the transcript to apply or edit.
- The video player appears on the bottom left
- Pause when typing: Click this button to pause video playback while typing
- Undo/Redo: Use the Undo and Redo buttons to undo and redo recent changes
- Word Confidence: Use the slider to adjust the confidence level for the transcript. Words that fall below the confidence level will be highlighted with red double underlines
- Transcript: The transcript appears on the bottom right portion of the screen. Click on a line to edit the transcript.
- Speaker: Use the dropdown menu next to each line to change or edit the speaker.
- Save as New Version: Click this button to save a new version of the transcript.
Saving Edited Transcripts
A dialog box will pop up asking if you want to save a new version of the transcript. Click the Apply button to save the edited transcript.