Downloading and Uploading Transcripts
This guide will demonstrate how to download and upload transcripts for editing offline
Accessing Video Files from your Library
To edit transcripts for Echo360 videos:
- Log into Echo360 and click on the Library tab.
- Locate the video you wish to modify transcripts for and click on the button with three dots that appears when you hover over the video thumbnail.
In the menu that pops up:
- Click on More Actions
- Then select Edit Transcript from menu.
Select a Transcript Version to Export
- Use the dropdown menu of the transcript to select which version of the transcript you wish to export
- Click the Export button to save the transcript as a local text file.
Saving the Transcript
Select the type of file you wish to save the file as and then click Export. You can then edit the file offline and upload the edited file into Echo360.
Importing Transcript Files
On the Edit Transcript screen, click the Upload button to upload the transcript text file.
The file uploader will pop up on screen. To import files, select the source on the left and then click or drag files into the center to upload the file.
Once the file has been added, click the Upload button to upload the file.
Uploading a transcript will create a new version of the transcript. It will not overwrite the existing version(s)
The automated transcript is labeled as Original