The automated transcription service can identify lines spoken by different individuals. This guide will demonstrate how to modify speaker tags and assign speaker tags.
Accessing Video Files from your Library
To edit transcripts for Echo360 videos:
- Log into Echo360 and click on the Library tab.
- Locate the video you wish to modify transcripts for and click on the button with three dots that appears when you hover over the video thumbnail.
In the menu that pops up:
- Click on More Actions
- Then select Edit Transcript from menu.
Select a Transcript Version to Edit
- Use the dropdown menu of the transcript to select which version of the transcript you wish to edit
- Click the Edit Transcript button on the right to begin editing
Editing a previous transcript version will create a new version of the transcript. It will not be overwritten
The automated transcript is labeled as Original
Editing Speaker Labels
To edit speaker labels, on the Edit Transcript screen:
- Locate the dropdown menu next to each line
- Select Edit Speakers at the bottom of the menu.
Editing Speaker Labels, Part 2
You will now see a dialog box similar to the one in the image above. To edit speakers:
- A list of speakers will appear here
- Click on the pencil icon to edit a speaker label or delete the speaker.
- To add a speaker, enter a new speaker name under Add a New Speaker and click the Add button.
- When finished, click the Done button.
Updating a Speaker Label
- Type in a new speaker label here
- Click on the trash can to delete the speaker label
- When you are finished, click the checkmark to save the changes.
Changing Speaker Labels
Back on the Edit Transcript screen, the dropdown speaker selection dropdown menus have been updated.
To change a speaker for a specific line:
- Locate the dropdown menu for the line for which you wish to change the speaker for.
- Select the speaker you wish to change to from the list.