Generating a Public Link
This guide will demonstrate how to create a public link to a video that anyone can view. Note: No analytic data is captured with videos accessed through a public link.
The option to create a link is only available for video files, and is not available for presentation files.
To generate a public link for a video, click on the video you wish to create a public link for.
Getting a Public Link, Part 1
You will now see the current video. To create a public link, scroll down to the bottom, until you see the Links section.
Getting a Public Link, Part 2
If you do not see any public link information, click the Add Link button at the bottom to create a public link.
Getting a Public Link, Part 3
Under the section labeled public links are the following items:
- Active: A blue checkbox shows that the link is currently active, meaning that users can view the content using the public link.
- Delete: Click the Delete button to permanently remove the public link.
- Copy Link: Click the Copy button to copy the link shown to the clipboard.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate an embed code for embedding the video in a website.
- Description: Enter a description for the video here.
- Start at: Click the button and enter the desired start time to start the video from a designated start time
- Public Access: A blue indicator indicates that users can watch the video without logging in. You can disable this option if you wish to require students to log in to Echo360 in order to view contents.