Generating a Public Link
This guide will demonstrate how to create a public link to a video that anyone can view. Note: No analytic data is captured with videos accessed through a public link.
The option to create a link is only available for video files, and is not available for presentation files.
Creating a Public Link will enable video and audio download options for users who access the link.
- To generate a public link for a video, hover over the video you wish to create a link for and click the [...] in the bottom right corner of the video thumbnail.
- Select Share from the menu that appears.
Getting a Public Link, Part 2
You will now see a dialog box labeled Share Settings
- Select the Links option at the top.
- Click the Add Link button to create a new link.
Getting a Public Link, Part 3
Under the section labeled public links are the following items:
- Active: A blue checkbox shows that the link is currently active, meaning that users can view the content using the public link.
- Copy Link: Click the Copy button to copy the link shown to the clipboard.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate an embed code for embedding the video in a website.
- Description: Enter a description for the video here.
- Start at: Click the button and enter the desired start time to start the video from a designated start time
- Public Access: A blue indicator indicates that users can watch the video without logging in. You can disable this option if you wish to require students to log in to Echo360 in order to view contents.
- Delete: Click the Delete button to permanently remove the public link.