Viewing Videos and Presentations in Echo360
This guide will demonstrate how to view video content within Echo360.
Accessing your Course List
To access your course list:
- Click on the Courses link on the top of the screen.
- Select the course from the list you wish to work with.
Entering a Classroom
You will now see all available class sessions or classrooms within the selected course. To enter a classroom, click on the name of the class section you wish to enter.
Using the Video Player
Below is an overview of the Echo360 Video Player:
- Exit Classroom: Click on the name of the content item in the upper right hand corner to exit the current classroom or to select a different classroom.
- Q & A: Click on the Q & A button to open the Question and Answer Panel
- New Question: Click the New Question button to ask a new question.
- Confusion: Hover over the Confusion Flag to see if any students have flagged the current segment of the video as confusing.
- At the bottom of the screen is the player controls, which allow the users to start and stop the videoo. Users can click anywhere on the player filmstrip to access a specific point in the video.
- Volume: Click on this button to adjust the volume.
- Sources: Click here to view to toggle between different video and presentation views.
- Closed Captioning: Click this button to turn on captions for the video (if enabled)
- Options: Click this button to change between video quality settings (Standard-definition or high-definition), and modify the video playback speed.
- Media Display: Click this button to toggle between picture in picture, side view, or tiled video views.
Navigating a Presentation
Below is an overview of how to navigate a presentation in Echo360: Note: The video will play as a thumbnail while viewing the presentation.
- Use the arrows on the slide edges. navigate between the slides. Users must manually advance the slides when viewing the presentation live.
- To jump to a slide, click on the slide number to bring up the slide selector.
- To hide the current slide from students, click Hide.
- Click on the button with the two arrows to view the slideshow in full screen.
- Click the X button to exit the presentation view.
Conducting an Interactive Activity
This step will show how to conduct an interactive activity:
- For multiple choice, short answer, and numerical responses, students can text their answer using the number provided.
- Submissions: The number of students who have submitted a response will appear here.
- Close Activity: Click on the Hand button to close the activity and students cannot send additional responses.
- Show Results: Click on the Graph button to display the activity results
- Show Solution: Click this button to reveal the solution to students.
- Reset Activity: Click this button to clear all responses.