Input Selection, Video Recording, and Publishing
This guide will demonstrate how to select recording inputs and record a video using the Echo360 Capture software.
Input Selection and Video Recording
The numbered items below correspond to different aspects of the Echo360 Capture interface. After logging in, you should see a screen similar to the one above.
- Left Video: Click on the dropdown menu to select your input for the left video channel (e.g. desktop, webcam, etc).
- Audio: Click on the microphone icon to select which audio input you would like to use. The bars below show the volume levels of the capture.
- Right Video: Click on the dropdown menu to select your input for the right video channel (e.g. desktop, webcam, etc).
- Edit Capture details: Click on the pencil icon to edit the capture information (Name, description, publish location)
- Record Video: Click on the red record button to start recording your video.
If you do not see the input you wish to use, please make sure that the device is plugged in and turned on.
Entering Capture Details
- Title: Enter a title for your video here.
- Description: Enter a description for your video here (optional).
- Tags: Enter tags to help with sorting content (optional).
- Capture Duration: Use this option to set the recording duration. The duration can be extended if necessary (This option is only visible in Universal Capture: Classroom)
- Publish To: Choose where you would like to publish your video to. The default location is your personal library, but you can also select a course to publish directly to.
- If you have selected to publish to a section, you can select to publish to a new class, or to an existing empty class.
- Live Stream: Check this button to perform a live recording.
- When finished, click Save to update your capture details.
When you start recording, the Echo360 Capture program will count down from 5 and then disappear into the system tray. To stop recording, click on the Echo360 icon in the system tray.
- Stop recording: Click the Stop Recording button to stop the recording and upload it to the Echo360 Active Learning Platform.
- Pause Recording: Click the Pause Recording to pause the recording momentarily. Then click this button again when you are ready to resume.
- Cancel Recording: Click the Cancel Recording button to discard the recording.
You can use the following key combinations to control the recording from your keyboard:
- Control+1 (Cmd+1 Mac): Extend recording (Universal Capture: Classroom only)
- Control+6 (Cmd+6 Mac): Pause/Resume recording
- Control+8 (Cmd+8 Mac): Stop recording
Uploading and Publishing
After you stop recording, the recording will be published automatically to the Echo360 Active Learning Platform, and you will be presented with a progress bar. Once the recording has published, you can view the recording, create a new recording, or close the program.
- Once the capture is complete, you can click on the Click to View link to view the recording in the Active Learning Platform (This will open up in your web browser)
- Click Close to exit the program.
- Click the Record button to start another recording.