Echo360 Automatic Section Creation and Linking in Blackboard
This guide will demonstrate how to automatically create and associate an Echo360 Section with your Blackboard course site. The auto-created course will have the same course code as the LMS course and the same name. The auto-created section will have the section number 001.
Accessing the Echo360 Tool Link
- Go to the hidden content area in your course labeled Lecture Capture (Echo360).
- Click the Echo360 link inside the content area.
Note: The Echo360 link in the course menu is hidden from students by default. In order for students to see the content, the link will need to be unhidden. Instructions can be accessed here.
Adding a New Section, Part 1
Click on the link to Echo30 you had just created in the previous step. You will then be asked to link to a current or future term. The term corresponds to a calendar year and semester, for example, Fall 2021 (202140)
Adding a New Section, Part 2
You will now be taken to the blank home page of your automatic Echo course section. Each Echo360 section corresponds to the current course you are teaching. You can start adding content by clicking the New Class button. Content can be added by uploading media files to your computer or by using Echo360 Universal Capture: Personal to publish recordings to the current course section. If you have requested scheduled live classroom recordings, you will see a list of scheduled recordings for the class.
Setting up a New Class
A class or lesson is an item in the course and is a container of content such as a video, presentation, or interactive media. A best practice is to give the class a name related to the topic or video you are planning to cover.
To create a new class:
- Enter a name for the class here.
- Start date: Enter a start date for the class.
- Start time: Enter a start time for the class.
- Duration: Enter the approximate duration for the class.
- Enter a description for the class here.
- When you are finished, click Submit to create the class in your current Echo360 section.
Items 2-5 are optional
To add content to your class:
- Click the plus sign
- Select Add Video from the menu
You will now be asked to upload a video file from your computer or to link to media that has already been added to your Echo360 library.