Cloning Echo360 Sections for Instructors
This guide will demonstrate how to clone an existing section to reuse content in Echo360
Important! If you are wanting to reuse section content from a previous Echo section in your current course, you will first need to activate the auto section in your course. If you have not clicked on the Echo360 tool link in your Blackboard course, you will need to perform that step first.
Selecting an Echo360 Section to Clone
Log into Echo360. To access a section:
- Click on Courses at the top of the screen
- Select the course from the list that appears.
Cloning a Section
After opening the desired section:
- Click the Settings link at the top of the page
- Click the Features link on the side.
- Click on the Clone Section button at the bottom of the page.
Entering the Cloned Section Information
You will now see a dialog box labeled Clone Section:
Important! Select Auto for the Term value and select the course name of the auto section.
- New Section Name: Enter a new section name here for the cloned section.
- Term: Select Auto for the term
- Course: Select the alphanumeric subject code for the course you want to associate the cloned section with.
- Select the desired option for establishing a new date pattern for content items within the Echo360 section
- Click the Clone button to set up the cloned setting.
When choosing the Course, be sure to choose the auto generated name associated with the original auto section. These naming conventions cannot be changed, as they derive directly from Blackboard as part of the Echo auto provisioning feature. If you have a merged course, which usually begins with "XLST," you can enter something more meaningful in your cloned Section Name, such as the alphanumeric of your course.