Cloning Echo360 Sections for Instructors
This guide will demonstrate how to clone an existing section to reuse content in Echo360 in your current site.
Important! If you are wanting to reuse section content from a previous Echo section in your current course, you will first need to generate an Echo360 section The automatically generated section will be indicated with the section number 001.
After cloning your previous Echo360 section, you will end up with two sections for the current course. To easily identify the cloned section, it is helpful to give the section a name that you can easily identify
Section Cloning Process Overview
Selecting an Echo360 Section to Clone
Log into Echo360. To access a section:
- Click on Courses at the top of the screen
- Select the course from the list that appears.
Cloning a Section
After opening the desired section:
- Click the Settings link at the top of the page
- Click the Features link on the side.
- Click on the Clone Section button at the bottom of the page.
Entering the Cloned Section Information
You will now see a dialog box labeled Clone Section:
- New Section Name: Enter a new section name here for the cloned section. We suggest the actual section number (such as 901, 911, 002, etc) of your course or something similar to distinguish it from the automatic section (all auto sections are 001).
- Term: Select the current term for the term (e.g. 202130-Summer 2021)
- Course: Select the alphanumeric subject code for the course you want to associate the cloned section with (this will be a long title that includes the current term, as well)
- Select the desired option for establishing a new date pattern for content items within the Echo360 section (no date/time is most common)
- Click the Clone button to set up the cloned setting.
When choosing the Course, be sure to choose the auto generated name associated with the original auto section. This name will mirror the original Blackboard Course Name (e.g. 2020:4 Fall, ACTG1040:002 Prin of Financial Accounting) in Blackboard as part of the Echo auto provisioning feature. You can enter an easily identifiable name in your cloned Section Name, such as the alphanumeric of your course.
Linking your Cloned Section, Part 1
To link your cloned section:
- Click the Tools link at the top of the content area for which you wish to add the link to the section to.
- Select Echo360 from the menu.
Linking you Echo360 section, Part 2
To create the Echo360 link:
- Enter a name for your Echo360 link
- Enter a description
- Click Submit to create the link.
Once you have the link created, click on the link in the content area.
Selecting a Term
Select the term you wish to link to and then click the Create Echo360 Section button
Selecting a Section to Link to
To link to your cloned section home page:
- Select Link to Section Home Page
- Select the cloned section to link to from the dropdown menu.
- Click Continue to create the section home page.