Using EchoVideo Browser Capture
Log into Echo360.org, and within the top menu, click the Create button and select New Browser Capture from the menu that appears.
Your web browser may ask for permission to use your camera and microphone. Select the device you wish to use and click Allow (This image may appear different based on the web browser you are using)
Once you have opened the Browser Capture utility, you will see a screen similar to the one above, with a preview of the video feed shown on the left, and the following options on the right:
- Title: Enter a title for your capture here
- Publish To: Use the dropdown menu to publish the recording to your EchoVideo library or to an EchoVideo section.
- Camera: Click on this option to select a camera to record with.
- Screen: Click on this option to select which screen or open application to record
- Microphone: The graphic will show your microphone volume, and you can click on the button to select which microphone you wish to use (Your web browser may ask for permission to record your screen).
- Once you have set up your recording inputs, click the round Record button to start recording your video.
You can use Echo360 Browser Capture to record images from an application, a Chrome Tab, or your entire desktop.
Upon selecting the option to record your screen, you will see a dialog box labeled Choose what to share with app.echo360.org. To record a selected Chrome browser tab:
- Choose the Chrome Tab link at the top.
- Select which tab you wish to record from the list on the left.
- Click the Share button to start recording.
Upon selecting the option to record your screen, you will see a dialog box labeled Choose what to share with app.echo360.org. To record a desktop application:
- Click the Window option at the top of the screen.
- Select which application window you wish to record from the list.
- Click the Share button to start recording the selected application window.
Upon selecting the option to record your screen, you will see a dialog box labeled Choose what to share with app.echo360.org. To record your entire screen:
- Select Entire Screen from the option at the top.
- Select which desktop screen you wish to share.
- Click the Share button to start recording your screen.
While you are recording your current session, your screen will appear similar to the image above. On the left, you will see a what is being recording, and on the right are the recording controls:
- Timer: The timer will show the elapsed time in the recording.
- Stop: Press the Stop button to stop recording.
- Pause: Press the Pause button to pause the recording. Press the button again to resume.
- Cancel: Press the X button to cancel the recording
Once you have finished the recording, you will see a screen similar to the one above with the message: Uploading: Please don't close your browser.
Do not close the web browser window/tab until the the screen says Done! Your recording is being processed now.
Once the recording has been uploaded, (1) you will be able to preview the recording. You can also (2) Start Another Recording, or (3) Download the current recording.