Creating a Class Group
A Class Group allows instructors to group multiple content items together that are similar in nature.
Creating a Collection
To create a group, click on the New Class Group button on the course section home page.
Entering Collection Information
You will now see a screen labeled New Class Group. To set up the group, enter the following information:
- Name: Enter a name for the collection. This is the only required item.
- Start Date: Enter a date for when students would have access the content.
- Start Time: Enter the time for when students would have access for the content.
- Duration: Use the dropdown menu to enter the approximate duration for the collection.
- Description: Enter a description for the collection here.
- When finished, click the OK button to create the collection.
Adding Content to a Collection, Part 1
After you create the Class Group, the collection will appear at the bottom of the section home. To add content to a Class Group, click the Reorder button at the top of the page.
Adding Content to a Collection, Part 2
To add content to a collection:
- Click on the content you want to add to the collection and drag it into the collection name. Names of content items included in a group will appear indented.
- After you have moved the content in the collection name, the content will appear below the group name, click Save to save the collection content.