Using the Needs Grading Link
The Needs Grading link in the Blackboard Control Panel allows instructors to view all items that need grading at a glance. This guide will demonstrate how to use the Needs Grading link in Blackboard.
Accessing the Needs Grading Link
Viewing the Needs Grading Screen
You will now see a screen labeled Needs Grading that lists all items requiring grading.
- Click the Grade All button to grade all ungraded items at once.
- Click the Needs Reconciliation button to reconcile grades for items that have Delegated Grading enabled. For information on enabling delegated grading, click here.
- Click the Filter button to filter the list of Needs Grading items.
- Items requiring grading will appear at the bottom portion of the screen, listing the assignment category, Item Name, User Attempt, Date Submitted and the Due Date. To grade a student's attempt, click on the user's name under User Attempt.
Reconciling Grades, Part 1
If you have items with delegated grading enabled, you can reconcile grades by clicking the Needs Reconciliation button. You will then see a screen labeled Needs Reconciliation that lists all assignments that need reconciliation. To reconcile grades for an assignment, click on the assignment name.
Reconciling Grades, Part 2
You will now see a screen labeled Reconcile Grades for the assignment selected:
- Attempt: A list of attempts that require reconciliation will appear here with the student's name. To view details regarding the attempt, click on the button with the two arrows on it.
- Graders: The assigned grader will be listed here, along with scores entered by the graders. To assign graders, click on the plus sign.
- Final Grade: To enter a final grade for the user, click on the icon under the Final Grade Column and type a value in, and then hit the enter key on your keyboard to save the grade.
- Show Grader Progress: Click this button to view each grader's progress for assigned items.