Creating a Calendar Event
This guide will demonstrate how to create a Calendar Event in Blackboard.
Accessing the Calendar, Part 1
The Blackboard Calendar can be accessed through the Blackboard Notifications Panel. To access the notifications panel, click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the Blackboard window.
Accessing the Calendar, Part 2
Creating a Calendar Event, Part 2
You will now see a dialog box pop up on screen labeled Create Event:
- New Event Name: Enter a name for the event in the space provided.
- Calendar: Select the course or calendar to assign the event to.
- Starts: Enter a starting date and time for the event.
- Ends: Enter an ending date and time for the event.
- All Day: Check All Day to indicate that the event spans all day.
- Repeat: Check Repeat to indicate a schedule for the event to repeat. For more information about setting up a repeating event, please refer to the step below:
- Event Description: Enter a description of the event here.
- When finished, click the Save button to add the event to the calendar.
Setting up a Repeat Schedule
If you set up the event to repeat, the Create Event screen will expand to show the following options:
- Repeats: Select the desired schedule to repeat the event (daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Every: Select the number of weeks, days, or months to repeat the the event.
- On Days: Select which days the event will be repeated.
- Ends: Select either how many occurrences the repeat schedule should end, or the last day for the event to occur.